- Keep calm, keep a cool head and don’t overwork yourself:
In 2014/15 stress accounted for 35% of all work related ill health cases and 43% of all working days lost due to ill health.
- Giving and helping others helps yourself;
According to leading researchers giving and helping increases brain cell activity and triggers areas in the brain that are related to happiness.
- Take regular breaks when studying and working on something as this could push up your stress and anxiety levels
- Let your emotions run their course especially when in private; leading scientists say that when you release built up emotions you can increase happiness for you and others surrounding you.
- Talk to someone whether it’s a human-being or an inanimate object or sometimes even your pets!!
- Yoga has been proven to reduce stress levels in the workplace and at home, running/jogging also helps release pent up energy.
- Accept your emotions, whether they are good or bad it is always better to release things that are bothering you otherwise they can linger in your mind and cause you harm.
- BE HAPPY!!!!!
By Talia and Ailsa